Thursday, May 28, 2015

Pin Up Girl Clothing; Voodoo Vixen Monster Dress




 For optimal viewing gratification, please enjoy this video while perusing my post.












 I first creeped the Voodoo Vixen Monster print dress on Pin Up Girl Clothing (PUG) I gasped because the print was so killer, the color was so vibrant, and the cut was so sexy! I instantly fell in love with this dress. The more I looked at the dress, the more I loved it, but unfortunately the more I looked at it, the more I doubted it would even fit. There was the little voice in the back of my head that kept saying PUG runs small. This was not first-hand information from trying on their clothing, but information acquired from years of being involved in Facebook clothing groups. The women in my groups always loved PUG, but I have seen countless people complain and say they are not true to size and run small. So when I saw this amazing bodycon beauty I had  my moment of lust and then a moment of mourning for the dress that I thought would never be.
Fast forward a couple months and I stumble upon a blog post by a fellow fat fashionista, Natalie of Extra Large As Life. She is wearing the dress, I repeat she is fat and wearing the dress!!! It looks fantastic on her and fits perfectly. The love was alive again and I resumed lusting after a green monstrous beauty! I totally creeped all the deets on Natalie's blog and messaged her with additional questions because if I was going to invest over $200 on a dress after shipping and duty I needed to make sure it would fit my size 26 body. I was pleasantly surprised to find out from Natalie that the dress did have some stretch and seemed to run a bit larger than the size chart on the PUG page indicated. I showed the dress to my husband and he thought it was super cute and sexy, so he picked it up for me as a treat. Gosh I love treats!!! 
When the dress arrived it was even nicer in person, if that is even possible. The fabric is amazing quality and does provide some stretch. The length was perfect on my 5'6" frame and the adjustable cross over front straps helped enhance my bust and give the dress that extra punch. The Voodoo Vixen Monster dress was a little pricey, however it has to be one of the nicest dresses I have purchased in a long time. It is unique and a bit of a showstopper so I know every time I wear this dress I will look and feel amazing in it. It's totally worth every penny and I can't wait to get my second PUG dress. I actually entered a PUG contest last week with Natalie from Extra Large as Life and we WON! We both are getting a dress of our choice for free. I won't tell you which dress I picked, but look for it in a future blog post.


DRESS: Pin Up Girl Clothing
Size 4X

JACKET: Forever 21+
Size 3X
(Out of Stock)

Belt: Torrid
Size 3X
(Out of Stock)

Shoes: Thrifted
Size 10
They are a pretty popular costume shoe, you can purchase them here.
I have never ordered from this company so I have no idea about their customer service. 


If you have any questions about my hair, make-up or accessories please leave me a comment below and I will get back to you. 
 
 Stina
xx
     

5 comments:

  1. I love this look! You are such an amazing woman and a huge inspiration for me to embrace my weirdness in style with my motherhood. Keep up being magnificent :.D <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always embrace you weirdness!! Thanks for your lovely words and for creeping my blogs.

    xx
    Stina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing - Love this entire outfit - you look creep-tastic! =) Love ya xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO GLAD you got the dress, it looks so great on you! I was glad I could help you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally dig this- the dress looks phenomenal! I've just ordered the green version and can't wait to style it up! Hope I look half as good as you in it honey! x0

    ReplyDelete